Once technical skills are mastered, progression and success for today’s accountant in Professional Practice will typically depend on interpersonal skills. These include relationship building; communication – face to face and virtual, verbal and written; dealing with clients, colleagues, partners and junior staff; selling and promoting the firm’s services; and managing your own personal progression. Our series of bite-sized webinars are designed to offer junior managers or newly qualified staff, who are beginning to develop their own client management responsibilities, some practical tools to implement straight away and to build into their professional development.
Topics covered include:
- Management and Leadership styles – why it’s important to vary your approach
- How to delegate effectively
- Delivering effective feedback
- How to get your team to work together well – how effective teams form and what can go wrong
- Management and supporting your team in a virtual world