Once technical skills are mastered, progression and success for today’s accountant in Professional Practice will typically depend on interpersonal skills. These include relationship building; communication – face to face and virtual, verbal and written; dealing with clients, colleagues, partners and junior staff; selling and promoting the firm’s services; and managing your own personal progression. Our series of bite-sized webinars are designed to offer junior managers or newly qualified staff, who are beginning to develop their own client management responsibilities, some practical tools to implement straight away and to build into their professional development.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying your priorities and how they need to shift as your career progresses
- How to analyse where you currently spend your time and how you’d like that to change
- Dealing with competing demands
- Managing your email inbox
- Top tips and strategies to improve your focus and concentration and make the most of your day