What Makes a Good Audit Senior?
Audit seniors need to develop excellent analytical and personal skills, as well as having good technical knowledge. This seminar, aimed at those with 2-3 years’ experience, will provide participants with a range of practical tools enabling them work effectively and efficiently in the audit field – and help develop their skills in managing audit juniors.
Topics covered include:
- Key planning considerations – including understanding the entity, materiality and preliminary analytical review
- Performing risk assessments and how it impacts on audit testing
- Effective analytical procedures and key questioning skills
- Producing and critiquing evidence in more complicated areas of the audit
- Applying professional scepticism – how to question, and listen, effectively
- Reviewing the work of audit juniors and managing and coaching them appropriately